Tuesday 29 November 2016

Who are The Skincare Gurus?

Welcome to our blog! This blog is long overdue for reasons many. So let's get started.


I am Shree. I am a home maker in my mid thirties who enjoys dancing, singing, painting. Recently, I have started enjoying reading a lot of skincare blogs! I love skincare products - basically I am obsessed with all things SKIN. Reading about skincare is one of my way to relieve my everyday stress.

My journey with skincare had humble beginnings in the aisles of Priceline, buying Dermaveen. I like to think that I have come a long way from that and now I can confidently walk into Mecca Cosmetica and talk about ingredients with the skincare staff!

I have combination skin with oily T-zone that is prone to dehydration and breakouts. I will focus my reviews on products that worked for me (and that didn't) and believe me, I have tried a lot!


I am Su. I am also in my mid thirties and I love photography, entomology (I take Insect photos) and of course, I love all things pretty! Up until I met Shree, I used to think skincare was boring and just another chore. Now a days, I can't wait to wash my face at the end of the day and I take immense pleasure in carefully layering my acids, serums and what nots!

I have dry dehydrated skin. I have noticed fine lines around my forehead and have some spots of discolouration. I am constantly looking for things that hydrate my skin and give a boost of brightness.


We met 3 years ago, although it feels like we have known each other for ages! Our friendship has grown stronger through skincare. We have lengthy and detailed discussions about new products, what we used, what we liked, etc.! We always consult each other before we buy products. We enable each other to buy new products and think of each other as one another's Guru. Hence the name The Skincare Gurus!

We are amazed, shocked and confused when we look at the shelves in the supermarkets and pharmacies to see so many brands of skincare. Which one do we pick? Which would work for us? We are curious about all the ingredients. In our quest to find out what skincare products -cleansers, serums, moisturisers, SPF, we have experimented with many products! Along our skincare journey, we have accumulated good amount of knowledge (and lots of products) and we feel ready to share out experience with the world!

Our differing skin types will hopefully help the readers get two perspectives about the skincare products. We really hope that our experience is going to be useful and help others just like us to find the perfect products!

Welcome and enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Great first post talking about your background! Can't wait to read your reviews and stories! I definitely have a lot to learn on the topic of skincare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment, Lubz! I really hope you find our blog useful, more importantly I hope you enjoy reading it :) x

      Delete